Kitchen remodeling is one of the most popular projects to improve a home as it enhances the functionality of the room while adding value to your home. You can change its color scheme to update its look and bring in some additions to make the most of the space.
Blair Construction, an Annapolis kitchen and bath contractor, provides this list of popular ideas that you can incorporate in your kitchen remodeling project:
1. Fixed Cabinets. Your kitchen can become cramped with tools and appliances. Most homeowners like to maximize every square foot of their kitchen by installing fixed cabinetry and storage on empty walls. In them you can easily store your chinaware, small appliances, and tools when they’re not being used to avoid clutter.
2. Display and Storage Space in One. Storage space should not always be closed because the things that you put in or on them can be interesting visual details to your kitchen. You can store and display your bottles of wine and cookbooks in open cabinets. You can also ditch the door and add more shelves for more storage room.
3. Glass Backsplash. Benefit from a well-lit kitchen by opting for a backsplash over your kitchen sink. Natural light is often better than fluorescent light in any time of the day, giving your kitchen a bright atmosphere.
4. Wall for To-Do List. Use an empty wall for your grocery list, weekly menu, and reminders by coating it with chalkboard paint. It makes a striking detail to a plain spot and, at the same time, helps you remember things you need to do.
5. Updated Island. An island is a popular kitchen feature. Some homeowners prefer having it for their meal preparations, whereas others don’t because it occupies a large space. If you have it and don’t want to get rid of it, update its look by removing some cabinet doors. You may use the open storage space for kitchen tools.
There are many interesting ways you can make the most of your kitchen. To help you with your remodeling project, call Blair Construction at (888) 211-8249. We offer home improvement services, including kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Bethesda MD. Contact us today, and our dedicated staff will be glad to assist you with any of your home improvement needs.