As your home’s primary means of protecting itself against the weather, your roof has to be able to withstand the various environmental conditions experienced on a day-to-day basis. However, because of this continued exposure, the shifting weather conditions may harm your roof and when severe weather strikes, your home may not be prepared.
With those shifting weather conditions and the possibility of severe weather affecting our area every now and then, leave nothing to chance and prepare an action plan to ensure your roof stays in the best possible condition. As one of the most reliable roofers in Annapolis, we at Blair Construction have prepared a few recommendations that can help you prepare your action plan:
- If there are any tall trees near your home, make sure that you trim the branches (especially the ones that are directly above your roof) so that they will not cause harm should the wind or snow cause them to break.
- Make sure that your gutters remain clean to prevent clogging should torrential rain affect our area. Clogged gutters are bad news and when rainwater isn’t directed away from the roof and foundation of your home, you could be looking at expensive repairs.
- Have your roof inspected for any signs of damage. Look at shingles if there is any missing, damaged, or loose.
- Inspect the flashing for any signs of rust or damage. Have this fixed in order to prevent water damage to you interiors.
- If your roof is in particularly bad shape, you may want to consider having it replaced.
Keeping your roofing in Annapolis in the best shape is going to help reduce the risk of the weather causing major problems to your home. For assistance, contractors like us at Blair Construction can provide our services and expertise in order for your roof to stay in the best possible condition. For more information, feel free to give us a call today.