Home renovations are major investments. When done right, they can increase the value of your property, enhance comfort, and improve functionality. According to Remodeling magazine’s “2014 Cost vs. Value Report,” remodeling your kitchen in the South Atlantic region offers significant returns. A midrange minor kitchen remodeling project can give you about 83% ROI while you can recover about 76% of your costs in a midrange major kitchen remodeling project.
Blair Construction, Annapolis kitchen and bath remodeling experts, wants to help make your home improvement project successful. Here’s a checklist you may use when remodeling your kitchen:
Every homeowner has different needs. When remodeling a kitchen, consider the following:
- Dimensions of your kitchen
- Bottleneck for foot traffic
- Features you need to keep and change
When you know your needs and the amount of space you’re working with, it’ll be easier to plan or choose a design that suits your kitchen.
Functionality is important in the kitchen. When renovating it, consider these features:
- Do you need new cabinets?
- Do you want to restore or reface your existing cabinets?
Don’t just settle for what you’re already using. Give your kitchen a new look by installing new flooring too. You can choose from the following:
- Ceramic tile
- Consider the location of your water lines when moving or adding a dishwasher, pot filler, sink, or refrigerator.
- Also consider the location of the gas line when moving your stove and other equipment.
- Electrical Work
Do you need to install lighting fixtures and other equipment? Consider the number of units you may need for the following:
- Electrical outlets
- Lighting under the cabinets
Additionally, in order to plan the electrical work properly, decide whether you need the items below:
- Disposal switch
- Three-way switches
- Appliance Installation
When you want our contractors to install your kitchen appliances for you, make sure to provide their dimensions, make, and model. Some of the appliances we can install are as follows:
- Range with oven or cooktop
- Ventilation or range hood
- Wall oven
- Water purification system
- Hot water dispenser
Your contractor can make or break your home improvement project. To make sure you’re getting the right crew, think about doing the following:
- Interview home improvement contractors and ask about their experiences in remodeling a kitchen.
- Ask for local references and verify them.
- Get a detailed and written estimate.
- Ask for a copy of their warranty and insurance.
- Review the contract thoroughly.
Are you ready to remodel your kitchen? Consult Blair Construction for more ideas on how you can improve your kitchen!
Established in 1987, our company offers a range of services, including bathroom remodeling in Bethesda, roofing maintenance, windows replacement, and siding installation. Get in touch with us at (888) 211-8249 or fill out our contact form for more information on our services.